Christmas is my all time favorite holiday. The lights, the music, the egg nog… it just makes me feel like a little girl again. Once December 1st rolls around I get into full Christmas swing.
This year I wanted to make you a Live More Weigh Less Holiday Gift Guide.
Obviously, none of these gifts have anything to do with weight loss (you know me better than that), but each of them will inspire the recipient to “Live More”, which as you know, allows us to be less dependant on food for connection, entertainment and fun.
Here are my best ideas for gift giving this year in the following categories:
I know you’ll find something for the people you love, and probably a few things for yourself:).
1. Wine Club Membership. There’s nothing that’s more exciting to me than pulling out a nice bottle of wine… that I didn’t pay for! It’s even more fun when you have a bottle sent to you every month. My favorite wine of the moment is Scribe. Seriously some of the best wines I’ve tasted in California (and I’ve tried a lot) plus the winery is a great place to visit. I also love the wine club from Amazon.
2. Lipstick. My favorite color is So Chaud (which means so hot) by Mac. Any woman in your life could benefit from the rush of wearing a bright lip. I swear it’s better than coffee.
4. One of my favorite personal development programs out there is Danielle LaPorte’s Desire Map. A great gift for your soulful friends, it’s a fun read and is jam packed with soul searching worksheets and challenges. My life is so much more colorful since doing this program.
5. Beer Brewing class. For the men in your life, this is sure to be their favorite gift. Just google “Beer Brewing Class + Your City” to find a class near you.
1. Sexy Truth or Dare. This game got me so excited! Perfect for your honey or your girlfriend, it’s sure to spice up any date night.
2. Relive your first date. How fun would it be to give your sweetie a small gift that reminds him of your first date and put in a little note that you’re taking him out next week? Our first date was a picnic, and I love this vintage inspired basket.
3. A babysitter. This is by far my favorite gift on this list. If you have a friend who hasn’t been on a date in months because she doesn’t want to pay for a babysitter, give her a certificate for 5 hours of child care. You can set it up with your favorite sitter and pre-pay her, or you can set it up through an organization like Sensible Sitters, a babysitting placement company that’s based in New York, LA, San Francisco, Miami and most beach destinations in the US.
4. Comfortable clothes that don’t look like you never want to have sex again. The sweat pants trend in women these days drives me nuts. Nothing kills your mojo more than old sweats with cheetos stains on them. Wanna help your bestie get her groove back? Send her some comfortable AND sexy lounge wear. I’m loving this cute set from the Anthro.
5. A gorgeous cocktail ring. Are you flying solo these days? Maybe you want to show yourself some love by buying this amazing ring from Margaret Elizabeth Jewelry. Or maybe your sister is feeling lonely and could use a reminder of how loved she is. Either way, I love everything in this line.
1. A perfect candle. Nothing gets me into a calm, wintry mood than a wintergreen candle. I am currently obsessed with this Spruce candle by Thyme. It smells amazing, the wick stays tall and the wax never turns a weird grey color with black floaties (you know what I’m talking about? I hate that). I highly suggest you buy one of these for yourself this week, it is seriously the best.
2. Bubble Bath. It seems to me these days that people treat bubble baths like going to Aruba, it’s like a once in a lifetime trip! Baths are the most luxurious, simple, glorious things you can do at the end of the day. Give your friend or mother a nudge in the right direction by gifting her some of this deep steep lavender bubble bath. It’s like drifting in a warm ocean right at home.
3. A cozy and cute bathrobe. This one is on my Christmas list! It’s got the cutest pattern and is jersey lined. Perfect for anyone who likes to lounge around in style.
4. Spa day. Want to go all out for someone this year? Get them a gift certificate to your favorite spa. I am currently obsessed with Earth Body here in San Francisco.
In the comments below I’d love to know what your gift ideas are!!! Let’s share the love ladies.
Sending you lots of love and cheer through this holiday season!
Simple actions to take your life back, know your worth & feel alive no matter how drained, overwhelmed and far gone you feel.