If you want to take your viewing experience to the next level, consider connecting your computer to your TV. Watch one of these two short and simple videos for instructions:
For Mac users:
For PC users:
- Be sure to know what ports for cables are available on your computer and your TV. Most of the time this will require an HDMI cable (like this one).
- Check to see if you need an adapter or HUB to connect (some computers might not have a standard size HDMI port and might need a different type of cable).
- If you have a Mac, I use and like this hub from Apple. It lets you connect to HDMI and power your computer at the same time so you don’t drain your battery.
- If you use a PC, it most likely already has an HDMI port or you may need to get an adapter cable for HDMI to another common port like DisplayPort or USB-C.
- If you have trouble figuring out what type of ports you have on your computer, this article describes many types and has very clear photos of each.
- Test ahead of time to make sure your setup works.