A sacred brag on how great my marriage is right now
I have been deep in my mama feels these days, celebrating my oldest child, Marshall, turning nine years old last week.
They say your labor prepares you to Mother the child you’re birthing. Well…
After going to 42 + 2, being in labor for 4 days, blowing a hole in my trachea, the hospital staff telling us that his heart stopped in the middle of pushing (and needing to connect directly with his soul to know he was not dying), intermittently screaming and singing at the top of my lungs – Marshall Tuvia was born.
Up until that point, I had no idea how strong I was.
The first many years were very challenging, and I had to pull on that experience so many times.
Marshall is our little warrior. Strong-willed, deeply wise, and incredibly kind.
Being his mother is a big job and an incredible honor. I can hardly believe that this photo was captured 9 years ago.
One of the best parts of my Priestess work is that I get to think about EVERYTHING from a Sacred lens and create ritual and devotion to mark all of these life moments and milestones. This is what it means to weave the Sacred Feminine into your everyday life.
So, if you want to make Birthdays more Sacred, here are some ideas:
1. Gather your family (or close a few close friends) and create sacred space devoted to the birthday person that you’re honoring. Create a simple altar with some pillows around it. This can just be on your living room floor or around your kitchen table!
2. Put on some sacred music (I have a great playlist here) and cleanse everyone’s energy before they come and sit down in the circle. I suggest using salt water that you can spray on them with your fingertips. I believe that sacred sage should only be used if you grow it yourself.
3. Have each person share what they love about the birthday person, and then go around again and share a wish.
4. Have the birthday person share what they’re leaving behind in their last year and what they are calling in moving forward.
5. You can tailor this to the age of your kids but I am always amazed when we drop into sacred space. My kids have incredibly wise things to say.
Make sure to save this message for when you have your next birthday celebration ❤️
If you have any questions, just shoot me a note by replying to this email. I’d love to know if there are any other celebrations, milestones, or everyday moments that you’re seeking ritual around so I can share some suggestions.
Do you crave a more sacred life with your family? I have an entire course on this inside of my Holy Woman membership.
Simple actions to take your life back, know your worth & feel alive no matter how drained, overwhelmed and far gone you feel.